11.02.2010

-I KEEP DREAMING...

A week passed by. seven days.
only seven, but to me it felt like many more. So many things happened that stimulated my thinking during the past week; I learnt that a good support system like a mentor or a teacher can be a system that is not perfect. That has fears of its own. It can be a system that is temporary.

As I was wondering how I would continue this project without the support of my mentor; I wrote down in a paper how i would like my life to be after this project is complete and has real published roots in a book format.

I even went further deep in my thoughts tonight as I was watching live at the Apollo Theater the New York Times Best Seller Author; David Sedaris; reading in front of a crowd that was deeply allured by the styles and voices of his funny and satiric litterature and I imagined myself and my two heteronyms reading live at the Apollo Theater as well one day.

When I walked back home, I tried to open the video that my very good friend Leslie Kobrin prepared from my last weeks' celebration at Anyway Cafe. I had difficulty opening it the past days but tonight I managed to open it and see Maria, Garia and Eidothea reading in front of their friends; in front of their support system.

Maybe one day they will also read live at the Apollo Theater and Blue Velvet will also be there to sing.....maybe...........................................................................................................................For the time being this past week proved to me that WE HAVE TO CONTINUE DREAMING no matter what happens and we should NEVER GIVE UP no matter what the challenges are!
Every day is part of the journey till we find our own Ithaki...

Hope you enjoy the below video with the reading from the 1st year Celebration


D.X.G.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that I missed the reading (in person) but it was great that you posted it here for all to see! The reading was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that this was a great evening! Watching the video I felt a warm nostalgic aura surrounding me! You (all the three of you) are a very talented and inspired girl and with a great voice as well!
    I hope that you will continue to celebrate your talented self for many-many more years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Urbanred , Thank you for reading now online! its great

    @ Dimi. B., It was a very special evening indeed. Garia arrived holding hands with blue velvet and she was fool of joy that night.
    All three of us wish to meet you soon in person!
    The celebration will continue...i promise! Thank you very much for all.

    ReplyDelete