10.21.2010

- FINDING EIDOTHEA BLOG: WE ARE 1 YEAR OLD

Next Tuesday, October 26th 2011 is the
1st YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF FINDING EIDOTHEA BLOGSPOT

I have been thinking how to thank you all for your support and for believing in Maria Garozi, Garia August, Eidothea, D.X.G and our stories.

When I started this blog, I was hesitant about my writings and about sharing my thoughts openly. Part of the fear had to do with the fact that English is my second language.

I remember my mentor saying:
"why do you worry so much about making your life public?"

"You will just have thoughts seating there on a page. Besides, they dont need to make sense. You dont make sense either with your many You's so dont be afraid"

I also remember my Father sending me an email one day after the first month the blog was publicized:"Twra zoume ston asterismo ths Eidotheas kai tou Finding Eidothea blog. Mas leipeis alla to blog mas krata konta sou."

And then I remember, one of the first most motivating moments. It was when signing in the blog one afternoon to write a post, I realized that Gerry Boyd was my first follower. He made me believe in me. We were three reading the blog at that afternoon; My Father, Gerry and Garia who was posting again a crazy love story.

Almost a year later, because of all of you who like, follow and comment on the blog, Finding Eidothea has 26 Followers, 2,220 Visitors, many friends in fb and many more unknown friends who check our writings sporadically.

Because of You, my heteronyms have a community! And I never feel lonely in this country anymore.

This is why I feel we need to celebrate together with a special Finding Eidothea Vodka Infusion drink!!!

Stop by Anyway Cafe this coming Tuesday for a drink...
I will definitely be there and Garia is definitely paying the bill :-)
Hope you join us
- Maria Garozi

4 comments:

  1. I am so sad that my body cannot be there (since I live in Greece) but my mind will be definitely parting with you! Have fun and celebrate "the Greek way" as you ought to :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that you make your own family."
    I"m so glad you are celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait!
    I might not be able to stay for long, but I will definitely come by to see you, & celebrate your magnificent blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Dimi. B. : You will be there! I know you will..i promise we will celebrate. Again thank you for all your support

    @smile and think: I totally agree about "making your own family" and thats why i feel we need to celebrate. If you have time tomorrow, stop by Anyway Cafe for one vodka shot!

    @Urbanred: Thank you Urbanred! stop by even for a while together with Jeremy. cant wait to see you tomorrow

    ReplyDelete