5.15.2010

Trip Notes


At Sweet Home Chicago -

First visit, was to go to the Art Institute of Chicago which is showing some interesting exhibits at the moment:

- Matisse
- In the Vernacular
- William Eggleston

This morning while Eleni of Troy and Michael are at another panel during the AAPOR (American Association Public Opinion Research)conference, I will have the chance to meet with J.K. and later with MP who arrived from France also yesterday.Its really fascinating that when you see life as a continuous journey,then you keep meeting new and old friends from your past randomly everywhere you go.

Thank you all 15 for following and all of you who keep coming back anonymously to this blog to read or peruse my photos.

I will close with a quote from Robert Johnson; the famous American blues musician:

"Nothing will see us through the age we're entering but high consciousness, and that comes hard. We don't have a good, modern myth yet, and we need one"

Love,
Maria


Has anyone of you been to Chicago?

1 comment:

  1. I went by your favorite coffee spot yesterday and said hello. It was after normal business hours and they were busy discussing the future enlargement of their milk storage capacity. In leaving, I mentioned your blog's link. and promised to come back another time. The owner stepped out of the store and asked if I was referring to the girl who works down the street. "Yes", I said. "I love that girl", he said. "How could you not", I thought.

    ReplyDelete