5.20.2010

The Redhead Piano Bar - Chicago, 2010


Ma Chere Madame G,

The night moves without me now.
Its Wednesday May 20th, 1:00am.

It’s the fourth night that I am sleepless thinking of all that music.
And its not anymore the music of that man who came unexpectedly one night at your corridors asking for me. I am talking about the music of that man with the blue hat. How can I treasure all those rhythmic touches he offered me without feeling the need for more?

Come take care of me Madame. Will you?
I need a touch.

He had a blue suit on, a white shirt with the initials R.T., a red scarf and his blue hat. He placed his left arm around my waist and told me, “Doll, you must be from far away. We don’t have women of your skin often around here. Go put some music on the jukebox for us now. Play, Lou Rawls’ Nobody But Me for me Doll and come here to move and sweat feeling my blues."

“Tell me you Love Nobody but Me Doll.”
“I love Nobody But You tonight” I replied.

“Will you give me all your love Mama?”
I didn’t reply. The music kept playing while our drinks left alone at the bar, were silently finding comfort among the icy razor sharp touch of the cubes.

“Dance with me angel.”
Don’t call me angel I said and removed furiously his rough hands from my waist. “Don’t get upset now with me. Be soft.Does it make you feel guilty when I call you Angel, Angel?" I didnt reply.

The night moves with me now. And I know well that I am not an angel after all. I am at the Redhead Piano Bar looking for someone like him to call me an Angel again.

I want that guilt back soon.

Bisous Madame G.
Sandrine X.

Kingston Mines Blues Bar, Chicago 2010

6 comments:

  1. Angel,

    You have a good life. Where do I sign up. Please compile your favorite stories so you can publish a book and make a movie of these soulful pleasures.

    More local exploration like Wave Hill supersized.
    http://www.hudsonvalley.org/

    My word verification was "Suckini". Who makes this stuff up?

    Warm regards,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two other spots nearby for artistic exploration.
    http://www.stormking.org/
    http://www.diabeacon.org/

    ReplyDelete
  3. J, you made me laugh. yeah i am realizing that I do have a great life in my "The Adventures of a Hostess"stories! I am trying to compile all stories to publish the book. the movie is on the works also...you should play on the movie "-)

    thank you for all the suggestions.cant wait to explore those places

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please play yourself in the movie, "Adventures of a Hostess". No one could be you better than you.... and save me a role.

    So where do I find these flickr photos?

    One more adventure..a litle hike or rock climbing in the Gunks http://www.mountainskills.biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have posted some photos on
    www.flickr.com/findingeidothea

    good night Julian,

    bisous
    Garia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonjour,

    Thanks for the photo link. Very cool in B&W. I can almost taste the room's qi.

    Now blend the worlds of your past 2 trips and visit Montreal. http://www.montreal.com/tourism/festivals/index.html ...Anarchists, Formula 1, Film, Tango, Blues, Burlesque and Pop.

    Did you see the moon last night?
    bisous
    J

    ReplyDelete