5.09.2010

Prytania Street in New Orleans

- THE FLYING GYPSY NYMPH

I saw the flying white nymphs
I saw five of them at start
Then an array of three more
Fleeting free away from me apart

I saw the flying white nymphs
They were showing me the way
towards the brown stone secret gate
Where St Vincent is looking for
the betrayed from luck child’s mate

They run around us
Nowhere for them to hide
Genevieve is crying all night
out of Room Nr 1135
Frederic is getting saved this morning
by Mademoiselle outside
of Room Nr 1259


I saw the flying nymphs
I saw eleven of them at start
Then the aura of one more
Fleeting free away from me apart

I saw the flying gypsy nymph
She was showing me the white line
Towards the forbidden molded swine
Where Prytania is looking for
A blooded fabric that once was mine

- Garia August
St. Vincent Hostel
New Orleans
May 1st, 2010

This post is influenced by my stay at St Vincent Hostel (an old children’s asylum) in New Orleans where all the muses and the Greek Myths remain the unseen gypsies in every visitors’ troubled nights.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Having a bit of a gypsy soul, I am curious to know how Prytania and so many of her fellow Greeks came to be in New Orleans.

    I saw 2 dolphins leisurely playing at sunrise Saturday morning. Their bodies slipped through the water so smoothly catching the sun's rays on their beautiful bodies.

    Where can I see more of your pictures.
    Ciao
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Garia tends to have a gypsy soul many times.

    Apparently around the Coliseum Square area of New Orleans there is a lot of artistic influence from Greece and Rome.

    I will be posting more fotos on flickr.

    love it when I receive comments on my posts!
    thank you for stopping by often

    ReplyDelete