8.09.2010

- the real characters # A


Hose del Siap whose true name is Elina, didn't need to pack a lot in order to have the best and most memorable vacation. The first time we agreed with Irene to randomly go for free camping to the island of Elafonisos, Irene had packed her car with everything one could imagine. You could barely see the back window of the car and the left window on the back seat had to remain open because the special three dimensional camping tent that her father had bought some years ago in Spain didn’t fit inside the car and half of it was hanging out of the window. When I tried to put my staff on the back seat, I encountered a mini chaos. An inflatable mattress lying on top of a huge refrigerator which was full with food and drinks and then next to it that was an enormous bag with clothes and creams and a second bag filled with medicine. Well, the medicine I could understand. Irene has always been the hypochondriac type of person. Just a tiny little bite from a mosquito and she would rush to Elina screaming " Koritsiaaaa (word for Girls in Greek) I am dying from an unknown decease. I can feel it in my blood growing. Look at this huge bite. Oh My God I will die young!” and needless to say how many nights she spent at the emergency room. Obviously the exit diagnosis from the doctors always read: Entry due to unknown factor/ patient Irene K. But all those clothes and food didn’t make sense just for the weekend.

When we stopped with the car to pick up Elina we were both speechless. All her luggage was a 24 pack of toilet paper. Nothing else accompanying that toilet paper. Just toilet paper. The one with extra strength.

“Is that all you are bringing with you?” I asked

“Well I am sure Irene has thought of all the strictly necessary things, which translates to her entire house including the latest antibacterial ointment in case the rare bug species that only grow in Elafonisos bite her in the middle of her sleep at the tent, so I thought to be just practical and bring something I really find a necessity since the bushes of the island will have to be our restroom for two days"

“Great thinking” Irene said. "Indeed, we will need lots of it, not only because we are going for free camping but also in case we need to cover our wounds from the rare bug species” We all smiled and headed to our first adventure at the island.

I can still hear the horn of Irene's Jeep car signaling to Elina to come downstairs. I try to fit my staff on the back seat. The radio is playing the song of the band Manu Chao that Irene loves. I notice the turquise tshirt that Elina is wearing. Approaching at the car she screams to me" Garozi are you ready for our first adventure together?" But when I look out of the window, the New York streets are empty. My Indian friend is passing by only. Seeing me at the window, he screams to me: "Koukla (word for Doll in Greek), when are you taking me for vacation to Greece?". "Soon my friend, soon" I reply and I close the window as I am shutting down my memory's past.


How do you feel about those two characters after reading this small story? Would you like to read more about them and our adventures?

5 comments:

  1. Yes please, Me gusta mas "Los viajes con Garozi"
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. thelv na diavasw gia sena kai allo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ J
    Awesome, "Los Viajes con Garozi los estoy escriviendo", I can sense you like the song also..kisses from sunny LA

    @ s.a.m
    Se efxaristw gia to sxolio. Einai poly entharintiko idiws giati einai sta ellinika. xarika poly otan to diavasa...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want more!!!!
    maria i love these characters and would like to hear more often about them
    kisses from berlin
    dimitra

    ReplyDelete
  5. kisses to BERLIN!!! and to our future adventurers Ariona and the newborn....more to come soon from the real charachters! POLY

    ReplyDelete